The Town of Yates was formed
on April 17, 1822.
It is located in the northwest corner of
on Lake Ontario.
The Town Of Yates is 7-3/4 miles
across from east to west and 5 miles across from north
The village of Lyndonville is located here as
well as are the hamlets of Yates Center,
Ashville which borders on the Town of Carlton line.
Two of the earliest settlers were George Houseman & John Eaton.